That's where The Big Book of Superheroes can come in handy—it has a whole chapter devoted to picking the right name! For example, above is how the Crimson Goddess gets ready for school. :)
(Thanks, Jillian S.!)
April 22, 2014
It was cute, but then I realized this was a land grab! My Facebook friends had some good comments on the situation:
- "You can tell from the mattress that they mean business. If they stay through the night I believe that front strip is legally theirs."
- "Look at those new-fangled Labradoodles used to pull the wagons. The sorts of advances in animal husbandry to stake a claim these days is shameless."
- "Be careful. I've played Oregon trail before. They know how to caulk a wagon and they just leave their dead and sick behind."
- "Whoa, these kids should be at the little school on the prairie! What are they thinking, heading west while there's homework to be done."
- "That's a prime piece of real estate they chose. Wooded, easy access to transportation routes."
April 20, 2014
April 19, 2014
April 18, 2014
Dang, a blossom just brushed my face as I was walking down the sidewalk. Why, I have half a mind to complain to the city about these hazards!
Correction: That should simply read "I have half a mind."
April 17, 2014
April 15, 2014
My friend. C., sent me this photo of her son with The Big Book of Superheroes: "This is what I found Emmet reading this morning during breakfast!"
At first, I was super-happy! But then I saw what was really happening here:
—“Mom, this bagel tastes crummy.”
—“But it’s your favorite flavor! What happened?”
—“Well, I was eating it and then I opened this book. And now everything seems... WORSE.”
—“Emmet, put the book down now!” *sprays lighter fluid on it* “Now step back, son.” *lights match*
When I told C. this theory, and she wrote back: "OMG. It is almost as if you were in my house this morning and overhead our conversation. That's amazing! The boys love using our fire pit and we burn books regularly, so it was a pretty typical morning."
In conclusion, C. has a pretty great sense of humor.
April 13, 2014
April 11, 2014
The good people at AM Northwest invited me on today to talk about The Big Book of Superheroes.